The ALTERA series – Excellence in Time….much more than premium performance
LK Metrology is the only CMM manufacturer to guarantee the original accuracy specification of its ceramic CMM for a period of 10 years.
The ALTERA range is available in standard sizes from the 7.5.5 model up to the 60.20.15 model, additional sizes are available upon request.
Readily available advanced multi-sensor technologies optimize the system throughput and provide an expanded scope of application for new materials and components. As user requirements evolve, it is expected that many users will find the benefit of applying the latest available technologies, many of which are offered as plug-n-play solutions and will not require additional wiring or hardware. Also, the superior ceramic design, with near perfect stiffness-to-weight ratio, and great resistance to temperature variations, provides exceptionally enduring performance in most manufacturing conditions.
- Complete range of premium bridge, gantry and horizontal arm CMMs
- High velocities/accelerations for low cycle times
- Excellent accuracy and repeatability
- Total solution for probing, scanning and digital inspection
Designed for precise measurements and long-lasting accuracy
The superior ceramic design, with near perfect stiffness-to-weight ratio, and greater resistance to temperature variations, provides consistent performance in most manufacturing environments. Advanced multi-sensor ready technology optimizes the CMM throughput and provides the opportunity to broaden the application scope to new materials and new components as needs change. Innovative work-flows and intuitive software features facilitate complex inspection tasks and boost productivity.
- The ceramic bridge and quill provide a thermally stable and ultra-stiff structure for long lasting accuracy and structural stability.
- Uniquely designed air bearings allow for smaller air gaps, providing greater stiffness than standard air bearings, in order to enhance the rigidity of the structure.
- Friction-driven axes remove all the uncertainties of belt and gear-box drives, providing in addition hysteresis-free smooth and repeatable motion.
- Superior pneumatic self-levelling vibration isolation dampeners, for optimum performance in areas subject to high levels of low frequency vibration, are available on all models.
- Bonded scales eliminate the need for separate scale and mechanical structure thermal compensation, providing confidence in repeatability and accuracy.
LK CMMs are available in a wide range of standard measurement volumes.
For applications requiring specific or very large measurement capacities, LK CMMs can be customized to specific customer’s needs. Whether it is a large bridge or a horizontal arm configuration you require, the LK CMMs are always based on the same ceramic and granite construction, offering market leading accuracy and performance.