Data collection and immediate reporting anytime and anywhere …
Industry “3.5” Lean Manufacturing
Even if not officially recognized as an Industrial Revolution, we believe the “Lean–Manufacturing” concept rocked the industry when introduced back in the 1990’s.
The innovations introduced by Taiichi Ohno, father of the Toyota Production System, were simple and clear: reduce waste to get better production and save costs.
In the following years, industry chased this goal of reducing waste by introducing MES and optimizing manufacturing processes.
Metrology didn’t follow at the same speed in the labs, we had all the information to make production better, but the data was simply not easy to obtain and to transfer.
Now with Metrology Gate, the information becomes available immediately, at all levels, tailored to each level’s requirement.
INDUSTRY 4.0 means Digitalization and Simplification: that is the Key Step to Success !
METROLOGY GATE is the 4.0 Gate to Success:
₋Data in real time anywhere
₋Quality Directly in the hands of the end User
WHY METROLOGY ? Because although this link in the industrial chain provides the highest volumes of data it is supported by poor infrastructure for fast access to the data.
DIRECTLY IN THE HANDS OF THE END USER
many types of reports can be chosen
and many interfaces
THE MISSION of Metrology Gate is to create real time reports extracting just the necessary data and only when it is needed.
Overall Equipment Effectiveness is a «best practice»
coming from lean manufacturing.
It is an index that measures effectivness
- Measure of Real Usage time for the Instrument
- 100% score means no stop time
- Measure of Real Productive Time vs. Total Productive Time
- 100% score means process run as fast as possible
- Measure of the scrapped parts
- 100% score means only parts in good condition
With Metrology Gate, the data are collected and sent to a server where a Web page can display in real time:
- CP, CPK
- CG, GCK
- Normality Plot
- Pareto Chart
- Distribution Chart , XR Chart
- CAD Report with Statistical results
With Metrology Gate it is possible to receive daily reports or immediate alerts to monitor the production
- Production Results for any Shift
- Alerts when production drifts beyond the limits (E-mail, SMS, WhatsApp© and WeChat©)
- Quantity of parts measured per shift
- Comparisons between the NC machines used to manufacture the part
- Comparisons between the instruments used to measure the parts
NO APPLICATION SOFTWARE SHOULD BE INSTALLED ON THE COMPUTER, JUST A STANDARD BROWSER ON PC, TABLET OR CELL PHONE